As we are soon saying goodbye to another year, it's time to get content strategies for 2022. Why are we saying this? Because tons of new content trends are expected for the new year, your content approach will have to evolve with it.
If you want to remain effective in your content marketing efforts, it is essential to change and evolve. Content provides value only when it's useful, and the consumer determines they've learned something from it or it convinced them to buy the product.
Content had already evolved from what it once was when the internet started to become popular to now. Content marketers have experimented with forms of content, frequency, delivery, length, and style to find what works for their business and audience.
This article will discuss why your content needs to change and the new content strategies you need to be a part of in 2022.
Content Must Evolve
If you are still questioning why your content must evolve, take a look at this statistic. More than 5.13 billion people in the world own a mobile device. With that, about half of all website traffic globally comes from a mobile device, and 39% of smartphone users were more likely to browse or shop a company's brand off their mobile app, saying it's easier and faster. So, let's say you never optimized your website for mobile. That would mean you are losing potential customers or an audience you're trying to build. See the comparison here? You wouldn't just ignore how technology and your audience are evolving. And this is what's going to happen in 2022 with new trends. And you'll need to be prepared for that.
What Digital Trends are Dying?
While it’s hard to tell exactly what types of content will disappear in the future, there has been clarification on some content methods that will be seeing the end soon.
● Google Ads- an expiration date is set for Google Ads' expanded text ads to be done in June 2022. The change from ETAs to responsive search ads will help simplify the creation of search ads and make it easier to drive performance with Google's automated tools.
● Cookies- did you know cookies are nearly dead this year? Google has extended its timeline, but according to Chrome, the next plan is to phase out support for third-party cookies.
New Content to Watch For
As each new year comes, new trends follow. You can expect a lot to pop up in the digital realm next year. Let’s go over a few that you’ll need to make the change for.
● Customer retention- your goal should not only be to attract new customers. You need to maintain relationships with existing customers. As more content competition starts to come alive in 2022, you need to create unique content strategies to keep a hold of them. Whether you do that by upgrading your website, adding more value to your content, creating new offers and promotions, etc.
● Augmented Reality (AR)- is a significant content trend you'll see a lot more of in 2022. Humans love visuals, and this new technological way to promote your content through AR, where your audience can be a part of the process, will be a huge success.
● Artificial Intelligence (AI)- will allow you to analyze and process data more quickly than ever before. For example, you should use AI in 2022 to add a chatbox with automatic replies.
Out with the Old, In with the New
Now you know what content strategies you need to say goodbye to at the end of this year and which ones you need to welcome with open arms. But don't be frightened at all of the change. As the internet evolves and your content does so with it, you'll get the response you need from your audience. Older content methods like blogging, SEO, and social media won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Just adapt the new strategies expected to your older content ideas, and it'll all work out.